Family ties
I'm often asked what type of photographer I am and the answer is a sociable one. I enjoy meeting people, enjoy their celebrations and of course capturing them.
The surprising part is that quite often I find the family confiding in me and telling me their story so when happiness is evident and tears fall I know why and I also know if its appropriate to capture them.
My clients tends to be 30 plus and I'm asked to capture second weddings, 50th birthday parties and grandchildren. For one family alone I've photographed newborns, naming days, christenings, parties and weddings. I've become familiar with most venues in and around Glasgow and gained experience of what makes a good party and the answer is family and friends who love each other so much that they don't just attend, they contribute in so many ways than just turning up.
How do I fit in, I enjoy it, its as simple as that, I love watching their happiness, capturing their high moments, getting a glimpse into a sadness wiped away with a single tear when saying I do or blowing out candles that take away the pain of the last 50 years leaving only love and happiness to bloom.
My confidence has grown, I no longer concern myself with the approval of other photographers, all that matters is the relationship I have with the people who hire me and have continued to hire me and hopefully still hire me years into the future.
Comments
Post a Comment