Living life through the lens


On the face of it photos can appear to be superficial but as the years pass and we lose those closest to us never have they been so important.  And while we watch as the young take selfies (although guilty of it too) its not always about being superficial, its about trusting yourself to capture yourself at your very best and why wouldn't you want to?

In the years ahead we'll look back and laugh but also remember that nothing else mattered as the world around us was vivid, in full wizard of oz technicolour because the people we love are in those images too.

I admire a well constructed photograph, posed to absolute perfection, but at what cost and I don't mean financial?  Because while the perfect portrait is being taken somewhere else those closest to us aren't always included.  

A few years back I converted videos to dvd and every time I converted a wedding video I was met with the same reaction, 'thank you, you gave me my dad, gran, mum etc back'.  

So when I started taking wedding photos I understood immediately the type of photographer I was, I'll search for the creative shots but will never neglect the family ones because those live on forever.

So next time you see a youngster pose for a selfie, don't tell them off but do encourage them to smile and when you're booking your photographer ask yourself what's more important, a 2 hour photoshoot of just the two of you or a combined shoot that gives you romance and also the family ties.


Comments

Popular Posts